This purpose of this site is to provide students with information related to the Alabama High School Graduation Exam, as well as tutorials on exam eligible content. The content provided by this site comes from various sources. If you would like to contribute, please let me know. This site is completely free! It is intended to help students pass the AHSGE. If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that I cannot accept credit for the creation any of the videos, websites and/or study guides presented on this site. All materials were collected via the Internet and colleagues. If you are the owner of any materials presented on this site and wish to have them removed, please contact me at email@example.com and I will take the material off immediately. The site is intended to be a means of enrichment for students who are serious about passing the AHSGE.
Students will have at least five chances to take the AHSGE: Once as a sophomore (as a "pre-test"), once as a junior and three times as a senior. The State Department of Education determines the test dates. The test will be administered by subject area over a five day period and is not a timed test. Most students should be completed within 90 minutes on each subject test. Check out the "Calendar" tab at the top of the page for 2012 testing dates.
On the language section, students will be quizzed on grammar skills, using correct sentence structure and organizing information for writing.
For reading comprehension, students will read articles, poems, editorials, and essays and answer questions to show they understand what they read.
Approximately 75 percent of the math section will be Algebra 1 with the remaining 25 percent covering pre-geometry.
The science section will be approximately 70 percent biology and 30 percent physical science.
The social studies section will focus on United States History.
Want to know how schools in this state are doing on the AHSGE? Click the link below and begin your search.
Online Associate Degrees? Click the link below.
Study Guide Zone